What to Know about internet-Counseling
E-Counseling is a convenient and effective way to address relationship problems.
E-Counseling, is an extremely fast and reliable way to have access to me. You can take your time and share what you want me to know about very personal issues without worry.
- Do you have such a hectic life that you don’t have time for traditional “face-to face, in the office” counseling? For example, you are a single parent.
- Can you benefit from therapy yet you cannot leave your house?
- You can’t take time off from your job because you are afraid you’ll get fired?
- Do you work third shift, making it difficult to have appointments without losing sleep?
The potential disadvantages of E-Counseling are:
- You may have to learn to express yourself more than you normally would.
- There are no expressive nonverbal cues. You have to state how you are feeling.
What to consider when deciding about E-Counseling:
- Do you want an initial free email consultation to ask questions about the process and to describe your concerns?
- Do you have a connection with me before you start?
- Do you need online payment made through a secure site- i.e. PayPal?
- Do you want to come away with something of value from every session?