FAQ about my services to improve love relationships
What days and times are appointments available?
Sessions are either in person, email, phone or live on Skype. Sessions are by appointment only.
- In person, Skype and phone appointments are available weekdays and evenings.
- Email, phone and Skype appointments are available also on weekends.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Call 207-877-9430 or email email@example.com to set up your appointment.
How much does it cost?
- In person sessions: Payment is expected at the time of the session. The fee for service is $125 per 50 minutes.
- Skype sessions: Payment is paid prior to the session. The session is held upon receipt of the payment by Pay-Pal. The fee for service is $100 per 50 minutes.
- Phone sessions: Payment is paid prior to the session. The session is held upon receipt of the payment by Pay-Pal. The fee for service is: $100 per 50 minutes.
- Email sessions: Payment is paid prior to the session. The session is held upon receipt of the payment by Pay-Pal. The fee for service is: $60 for 50 minutes.
Do you accept insurance?
For in person sessions,I do work with managed care at the present time. If you wish to seek out-of-network reimbursement for counseling services, I am willing to complete the necessary forms provided by you to obtain that reimbursement. It is still your responsibility to pay the either the full fee or the copay at the time of service.
Since most insurances do not reimburse for email, phone and Skype sessions, I accept Pay-pal payments only.
How long is each session?
- In-person sessions last 50 minutes in length though coaching sessions are available for any length of time.
- Skype, phone and email sessions can last longer or shorter upon agreement.
How often are sessions?
Everyone is different and often it depends on availability and commitment. Scheduling the next session is often decided at the end of each session. You can decide anytime whether the meetings are helpful and if you want to continue.
How long does the counseling/coaching process last?
This also depends and is different for each family, couple or individual. Often people meet for a short time, because they feel better quite quickly, but I am available for as long as needed.
Are you a doctor, social worker, counselor or coach?
I am licensed as a Clinical Social Worker and also certified as a Life Coach. I am not licensed to prescribe medication.
Do you see couples who are not married?
Yes, I see partners in any form of relationship. Co-parenting, divorced, marital and any gender partnerships. Please note: couples counseling may not be covered by some insurance plans though family counseling may be how some insurances cover this type of counseling.
I have never done this before so what can I expect?
Expect to use the first session/email to determine and assess if you get a sense of comfort, respect and value from the session.
How do I (we) get started?
Initial sessions are scheduled over the telephone or by email.
Do you have a cancellation policy?
Yes, I have a twenty-four (24) hour cancellation policy.
- For in person sessions, please cancel or reschedule appointments a least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged the full amount of the session. This helps me accommodate my wait list for appointments.
- For Skype, phone and email sessions, I will hold your Pay-Pal payment to be used for a later re-scheduled session.
Do you have a sliding scale fee?
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-877-9430 to discuss.
Is your office handicap accessible?
No , unfortunately my office is not. If you need accessibility, it may work better for you to schedule an email, phone or Skype session with me.
Can you be reached for emergencies?
I am unable to be reached on a 24/7 basis. If you have a psychological emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
How do I know what to talk about in my sessions?
It usually helps to think about what is the most pressing issue in your life, the most challenging area in your life or where you feel the most pain. It also depends on whether you want counseling or coaching.
Do you work with children?
I work with children over the age of 13 years old with parental consent.
What is your approach to coaching?
My approach to coaching is based on Human Needs Psychology (based on Tony Robbins and Cloe Madanes work) which believes that the key to both understanding and changing human behavior lies in our ability to understand and manage our six human needs, which are the driving force behind human behavior. I acknowledge that each human being is a unique and special soul.
What is your approach to counseling?
I use many different approaches. Each approach is tailored to match the preference of the client and is decided upon by mutual collaboration and partnership with the client. All the approaches have as their foundation: respect, honoring and valuing.
What about Confidentiality?